• https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OY2wnEGn_cE/V80uockjicI/AAAAAAAAZ8o/r_3CotN5E6U-CUieGteAgUvmn7wuNEzrQCLcB/s1600/do%2Bnot%2Bbe%2Bweary%2Bin%2Bwell%2Bdoinf.jpg

29.4.15

STORY: I Met Jerry

It was a Sunday. I had just had the most amazing evening house fellowship ever. And I was smiling my way back home as I hummed a song, Imeela. . .Imeela. . .okaka. . .onye kere uwa. . .imeela. . .imeela. . .Eze'm oo. . .

I Met Jerry


I was such in a good mood. Perhaps in high spirits. I didn't realize I had a smile on my face until he smiled back at me. Huh? I waved, and kept on walking.

He ran after me.

"Hi!" he greeted as he approached me.
"Hey!" I replied. Still smiling.
"I've seen you somewhere before."
"Really? Oh I see." Although I've heard many guys say those familiar words, yet I stopped to hear him out.

He was wearing a black shirt on a blue jean. He looked very masculine. He was on glasses but he took them off. I didn't look at his feet, so I can't tell whether he was barefooted or not.

He said, "I'm not like them. I am a very reasonable person. I don't just see a girl on the street and run after her. My time is money. I'm talking to you for a reason."

I think he had an accent but his cuteness covered up for it. Or maybe I'm only assuming.

He continued, "I know what you're thinking. You think I want to collect your number and call you up, and then sleep with you."

I can't remember what I said next. But it sounded like "Ahh!"

"No. Far from it. I'm a very reasonable person. I control my urges. I worked with models. I can stay in a room full of naked girls and not be moved."

But why is this guy telling me all these na. I pinched myself for wasting my time giving him the time.

"Ok, I'm sorry. I have to go now. . ." I muttered as I showed him the Bible I was holding. 
"As you can see, I went for house fellowship and . . ."
"What is it? Why are you being stiff? Loosen up!" He blurted.

I laughed. And I hated that I laughed because my laughter made him laugh too. So we had a laughter moment which felt rather awkward.

"You can't be with Jerry and not laugh" He bragged.
"D-u-h!" I smirked
"So what's your name?" He asked as he looked at my eyes.  Looked down to my nose. Then to my lips.
"My name is Amaka." I coyed.
"That's good." He nodded.

I don't know how he did it but we got talking for almost an hour. His phone rang but he rejected the calls as we were lost in the conversation. And Jerry never stopped saying, "I am a very reasonable person."

So we did exchange numbers after all. And I saved his as 'Jerreasonable'.

* * *
I got home and thought I should make this a blog post. And guess what? When I meet Jerry again, I will write about it. :D

Watch out for part 2


Written by Nwamaka Ajaegbu 
Twitter: @Amakamedia
Email: amakamedia@yahoo.com

Heart Rays . . .giving out  the light.

28 comments:

Obiri Yaw said...

*grabs popcorn*

Obiri Yaw said...

Hmmmmmm..... what were you two talking about that made you give out your number so easily? Amaka?

lindaspears said...

Before I talk, is this fiction or reality? This Jerry guy is so raw like die

lindaspears said...

Lol. Is that the only thing you read in this story?

Obiri Yaw said...

hehehehehe.... until I read part 2. I comment my reserve. Lmaoo *grabs popcorn*

Chioma Dike said...

Jerreasonable.... looool. No be small thing. When is part 2 happening pls?

KayCee Blunt said...

What do we call this one? Love at first sight?? I'm seeing husband and wife already #grins#

Bukola A said...

"I'm not like them. I am a very reasonable person. I don't just see a girl on the street and run after her. My time is money. I'm talking to you for a reason."

Am I the only one who finds this romantic? See lines sha....lol....this guy is weird. I'm not surprised, my friend Amaka Media has always loved weird things #tongueout#

Loving the story by the way!

Bukola A said...

I can bet they were talking about Jesus there. lol!

Amakamedia said...

erm. . . I'm sorry sir *innocent look*

Amakamedia said...

Lmho!

Amakamedia said...

Sweetie, it's real o

Amakamedia said...

As in ehn. . .'reasonable' was the only thing I kept hearing. Lol. Hopefully, part 2 will be posted next week Wednesday. I'm thinking of making it a weekly feature. Wotchu think?

Tomi 'Molola said...

Hmmm. Is this a love story in the making? We wait!

Amakamedia said...

Ahan! who mentioned love now? Go jhorr!

Amakamedia said...

Hahahahaha. . . Bukky! Me?

I know where you catch you. *smh*

Amakamedia said...

Lol! You too?

CatwalkwithPat said...

Hmmm! do I like this?? **clears throat** I will just wait and read where this is leading to **whippers** Amaka, make your next meeting with Jerry very fast.

catwalkwithpat.blogspot.com

E-Rella said...

Amaka, Amaka... It is well. Am waiting for part two the way you are waiting for Jerry's call..lolz

Adebayo Adegbite said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Erniesha Tibs said...

I really wanna read the rest of this story. I am excited for and with you eh......

Anthony said...

Chaiyi this Jerry don hammer

Life's a show said...

#Ghen_ghen!! I will be sticking around. ........ following you

Guest said...

He can stay in a room full of naked girls and not be moved? Is he gay??? just asking.

bolateethole.blogspot.com said...

I hope he doesn't end up being a stalker!like one helluva stalker guy who always stalk me allover the church!hian,i keep reminding him that am married. imagine him telling me to come and know his house!!!!this guy is a sucker(wow,my comment is here despite that my phone turned off while commenting)i will report him.cos he is really pissing me off.arrrrrrrgggggh and the most annoying thing Is the way he twist his tongue like a snake!!!

munchyberry said...

At least i have what to say when it's time for the toast......"sister amaka" I gat my eyes on you

Kish Olusola OluwaTosin Immanu said...

lol. I don learn work today...... "I am a very reasonable person." lolz

Nkem Okechukwu said...

Hmmm, i'm so gonna finish this series

Blogger Widget