• https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OY2wnEGn_cE/V80uockjicI/AAAAAAAAZ8o/r_3CotN5E6U-CUieGteAgUvmn7wuNEzrQCLcB/s1600/do%2Bnot%2Bbe%2Bweary%2Bin%2Bwell%2Bdoinf.jpg

10.12.14

I Want My Baby Back (Letter)

That was how the project manager asked me to write a letter for him this morning. He claimed he's all rusty and not in any emotional mood (I still wonder what that means). "I want my baby back!" He moaned.  "Awww..." I gave that sound I make when someone says "I like your natural hair" as I looked at him. "Write an apology letter that can make any girl give that sound you gave."


I'm not sure whether he was joking or trying to pull my legs, but he really wanted me to write something. He asked for it later in the day. 

And so, I wrote this letter as a guy would. I had to save someone's heart na.

Dear (baby's name),

I know you are upset with me. I hurt you really bad. You could throw a stone at me because I deserve every pain a stone will bring. I have never treasured the awesome moments you threw the pillow at me than I do now. I messed up. I promise not to repeat my wrongs.

Words are not enough to express how sorry I am. My heart has got so much to say but my hand isn't willing to write it out. Holding you cannot be compared to holding this pen. I miss you so much.

I remember the first day we met. Our eyes did all the talking. I wish my eyes are looking into yours now. You always know what I was going to say next. No one understands me as much as you do.

Since you came into my life, everything became bright and beautiful. I can't afford to lose you. You rock my world.

I know you need time. Please, talk to me when you feel it is the right time. You always know what and when is the best thing. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Baby, I'm sorry. 

Love,

(His name)

Awww. . . I do hope he gets his baby back. :)


Posted by Nwamaka Ajaegbu 
Twitter: @Amakamedia 
Email: heartrayswithamakamedia@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Amakamedia said...

"I was testing you" He said after reading the letter. Can you imagine?! LOL

Gbemi Square said...

so people still dey write letter. Unbelievability! your project manager was definitely joking

Blogger Widget