• https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OY2wnEGn_cE/V80uockjicI/AAAAAAAAZ8o/r_3CotN5E6U-CUieGteAgUvmn7wuNEzrQCLcB/s1600/do%2Bnot%2Bbe%2Bweary%2Bin%2Bwell%2Bdoinf.jpg

27.5.14

5 CRANDOM Facts About Me

Life can be fun and exciting when you loosen up a bit. Life makes more meaning when it is shared. I give myself away. . .

5 CRANDOM Facts About Me


These are some crazy random facts about me. I choose to call it CRANDOM because it captures the words 'crazy' and 'random'. (Although it's not in the English language dictionary).

*whispers to your ears* shh... tell no one. Let's keep these secrets between us. Promise?

#1: I'M SHY

Most times, it doesn't appear like it seems. I have to spell the word S-H-Y to tell that I'm shy. Actually, I pretend to be cool, poised and confident. It's been working for me. But, in that corner behind, I am as shy as. . . (still looking for the right noun).

Being shy isn't a bad thing. Is it? Reserved, introverted, modest, shy.... that's me.


#2: I LOVE CUTE DARK GUYS

When God said He doesn't see as man sees, that while man looks at the outward appearance, He looks at the heart.  He couldn't have said it any better. It's truer than true about me. I look at that tall, cute, dark guy over there and I just fall in love (in lust perhaps) with him immediately.

And that was how I forcefully took a picture with this cute guy. I picmixed us! We've never met, he's only a follower on Twitter. The picture went viral.
I need more grace to resist tall, cute and dark guys. Like seriously.


#3: I'M AN ACCESSORY FREAK

I love jewelry. The other day, I spent all I had on me (which included my transport fare) at the market. You need not ask how I got back home. It wasn't funny.

I see a fine jewelry, I go for it.  Although, it doesn't mean I can't do without them. There are days when I don't feel like it, I go without them and it doesn't change the fact that I'm beautifully made (yea, sure). But honestly, I love jewelry! I can't get enough of earrings, bangles and beads. You want to buy me one? I wouldn't mind o.


#4: I SPEAK YORUBA MORE THAN I SPEAK IGBO

My name is Amaka. I'm a typical Igbo girl. Did I say "typical"? no, I'm not. How can I be typical when I do not speak the Igbo language as fluently as I speak the Yoruba language? Shameful. Very shameful.
Sometimes, I blame my parents. They speak the English language to my siblings and I more often than they speak the Igbo language. And even when they do speak the Igbo language, we gave our replies in the English language. (Dad, mum, I love you still. You are not to blame totally).

I've lived in Lagos state, Nigeria all my life. It's easier to pick up a language you hear everyday, everywhere and like forever. You'd unconsciously learn it. So I did.

Besides, In Lagos state, if you do not understand the Yoruba language, you'll be trampled on. I just had to speak it. (O ye kin ja si)


# 5: I SCREAM A LOT

I'm naturally not a loud person and I don't know where I got this trait from. Could it be that my great grand mother also loved to scream? (that's a joke).
I'm that one who would scream at the sight of a cockroach or any pest whatsoever. I scream when I'm super-excited.  I scream when I run into an old friend. I scream when I'm impressed by a performance/show. I scream when I need to pray and speak in tongues.

You know when you dress so cute, look so good and cross your legs, the devil isn't moved. But when you raise your hands, lift up your voice and scream, the devil trembles. oh yeah!
"I scream" sounds "Ice scream". It's sweet! Scream often. Scream now! oooooooooooooooooaaaaaaa!!!


***
I can't believe I just told you that. What did you do to me? Hahahaha....

Got any CRANDOM secrets you'd like to share too? I'm all ears!

Thanks for reading by the way.
(You might like to see Get Excited)

Written by Nwamaka Ajaegbu
Twitter: @Amakamedia
Blogger Widget